The secret to what makes up a great UFC workout routine is not the same as one who is try to put on mass. If you are a MMA fighter and want to bring your fighting ability beyond what you are at right now or if you just want to train like your favorite UFC fighter, you will need to refocus your workout routines. The key components when it comes to a UFC/MMA workout routine are STRENGTH and CONDITIONING.
Strength is important for anyone competing in any sport; however strength converts to wins and championships when it comes to MMA. Having the ability to knockout your opponent with a single strike or to be able to use your strength to force your opponent into a submission will make you dominate in your fights.
To create your UFC workout routine you should follow these points:
– First identify any weak body parts that should be given special training
– Determine what your training for (ie. Fight in 3 months)
– Identify if you require more strength or conditioning training
– How many days a week will you train
– What technique training do you feel you will need for the coming fight
– What exercises do you hate to do? ( you should do a lot of these)
– Now you will need to find your exercises they should include:
– A dynamic warm-up to improve your mobility before your workout
– Large body parts workout to build your general strength ( these include squats, dead lifts, lunges, chin-ups, bench press)
– Unilateral exercises to develop your stabilizer muscles and maintain muscular balance ( these would include arm rows, single arm presses, single stiff-leg dead lifts)
– Static core stability exercises (planks)
– Dynamic core stability exercise (wood chops)
– Rotational power exercises ( such as medicine ball throws)
– Injury prevention exercises for the shoulders ( these can be Cuban presses, external rotations)
The most important thing to remember is start your workout routine today time will pass quickly and before you know its fight day and you need to be ready!!
Bland veggies suck! There might be a few kinds you don’t mind eating plain, but sometimes it takes a pre-battle speech to get cauliflower into your mouth. With the right cooking methods, your veggies might actually spice up your life. The key is getting creative. Try new ways to flavor your vegetables and you might [...]
1. Protein Powder: If there is one absolute requirement to build muscle mass, it’s getting in enough protein. The amino acids that make up the protein we eat are the building blocks that form into individual muscle fibers, creating more muscle mass on your body. When protein is not supplied in high enough amounts, the [...]
help writing an essay p>Are You Working Smart Enough? Making sure you are working smart is the first step of working hard. After all, you can?t get to work until you know what you?re going to do. Working smart ? doing all the right things – is every bit as important as working hard. Too [...]
1 / Indoor GrillGrilling is one of the best ways to cook meat-it reduces fat and adds flavor. You might be the king of outdoor grilling, but cold weather and piles of snow can put a damper on your grill sessions. With an indoor grill, you don’t have to say “goodbye” to grilled chicken, steak, [...]
Ken Arsenault: A typical urinalysis can cost the promoter $150 or more. Multiply that by a minimum of 3 overalls, and you can see why promoters don’t administer them if they don’t have to. In today’s bodybuilding events most promoters would feel good about just breaking even and not losing money. Most of them promote [...]
Glute Bridges on the Balance Pad
Lie on your back on a mat or on the floor with your heels on a balance pad. Your arms should be relaxed at your sides. To make t...
Improving grip strength by using a hand towel
You can roll it into a cylinder that you can't quite reach all the way around, then just squeeze it 12-15 times, rest and repeat 3...
To lose 1 pound of fat, how many calories do I have to burn?
A pound of fat is roughly equivalent to 3500 calories. If you’re goal is to lose 1 pound of fat per week you will need to increa...
Beginner Training Program:Q&A With Brad Borland
A Beginner Training ProgramQ&A with Bodybuilder Brad BorlandI want to lift weights but have never been in the gym? Can you rec...
How do steroids work?
Most of us know steroids as a drug that makes muscles grow faster, there are harmful side effects to our health, and most sports o...
Disease of Alzheimer’s
You can't find your glasses or remember the name of your neighbor. You're losing your mind - or your memory, you think. Then you p...
5 Recipes Cooking With Chia Seed
1 / Chocolate Chia Protein PancakeThese pancakes are dense, hearty, and full of chocolaty goodness. They're great as a post-workou...
Protein Bar Taste Test
There are so many different types and flavors of protein and energy bars on the market these days. Some taste good, some don't. Ho...
How to Publish An Issue Statement
The key purpose of a persuasive conversation will be to produce an audience in an appealing method that can encourage them to look...
Charlize Theron Workout & Diet for Aeon Flux
Charlize Theron was born on August 7, 1975 in South Africa. Over her career she has been an actress and film producer. What’s in...