TRAINING: I train six days a week – a different combination each day of two of the following: wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), boxing, Muay Thai, Strength & Conditioning/Running, and MMA sparring.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started martial arts when I was six, doing Kyokushin karate. When I started training for MMA, I started wrestling with the national team and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Nova Uniao. I now train in wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, and boxing. When I first met Stephane Patry and his team I decided I wanted to become a champion in this sport.
What ranks and titles have you held? Two-time and current UFC Welterweight Champion, former TKO Canadian welterweight champion. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black belt under Bruno Fernandes.
Do you have any heroes? My MMA hero is Randy Couture.
What is your favorite technique? I love taking my opponent down. Once I have him on the ground I am dangerous with ground and pound and submissions.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Fighting in the UFC has been a dream come true for me – even now I’m still amazed! The UFC has allowed me to develop and mature as a fighter and I have so many opportunities that I never would have had otherwise because I’m a UFC fighter!
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I was going to get a degree in administration but I put that on hold to concentrate on my fighting career.
What was your job before you started fighting? Before I started fighting I was a student, but now I’m fortunate enough to train full-time.
• One of the most popular Canadian athletes ever, according to various magazine and online fan polls
• Happens to be a paleontology buff, very passionate about dinosaurs
• Winner of 10 straight, has gone unbeaten for the past four years
• Arrives at all press conferences sharply dressed in an expensive suit and tie; also routinely dons a suit and tie when arriving at the arena on fight night. Widely respected for not only being an elite fighter but also a class act.
• He is, for some reason, a particular favorite of female fight fans. Some have theorized it that appeals stems from a combination of his French accent, chiseled frame, ballet-like athletic movements and good looks.
• His stellar resume includes wins over former UFC champions Matt Hughes (twice) and B.J. Penn (twice), and over Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves and Josh Koscheck (twice) and halted Jake Shields’ 15-fight win streak.
• Regularly trains with the Canadian National Wrestling Team and is regarded as one of MMA’s best wrestlers (which is extraordinary given that he started wrestling in adulthood and not during his youth).
• Holds a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Karate and Greg Jackson’s “Gaidojutsu”
• Speaks English and French
• Subject of an MMA documentary titled “The Striking Truth”
Biological Resemblance to Human Milk Goat milk has a similarity to human milk that is unmatched in bovine (cow) milk, which may be at the root of goat milk’s healing properties. A study by the International Journal of Food Science Nutrition found that “goat milk has a very different profile of the non-protein nitrogen fraction [...]
Essays are write an essay for me a wellspring of information. You may be just as imaginative as you want to be, so long as your essay expresses the right info to the subscriber. Pick us and relish your documents. Below are some wonderful composition topics that children may detect simple to create. Descriptive writing [...]
Scleroderma is hardening of skin. This happens due to excessive collagen deposits on the skin, and causes the cells to harden also because of calcium deposits inside the lining of the skin. There are more than one types of scleroderma, one type affects only the skin, and the other type affects nerves as well as [...]
Before she Danced with the Stars, romanced George Clooney, and literally “wrestled” her way to stardom, Stacy Keibler had an impressive career as an actress and model. But, the 5’11 blonde beauty is perhaps best known for one of her most enviable assets: a great pair of legs. We all know that, genetics aside, it [...]
What is Sodium? Sodium is an essential mineral for the body, however your body doesn’t need much. Sodium chloride is table salt, which is the main dietary source of sodium for humans. Benefits of Sodium Sodium does quite a bit for the body. It helps regulate our blood pressure, regulates fluid balance [...]
Is weight lifting the best way to gain muscles?
The best way to gain muscle is through weight lifting! If you want to truly gain muscle you need to train heavy, if you are doing...
How do you use anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids can be taken orally, by injection or in creams or gels. Dosages prescribed by doctors will depend on the medical...
How Much Water Should I Drink Per Day?
The general recommendation is 8×8 oz cups of water daily. Some say you need more. But some say drinking too much will get you wat...
What’s better, Free-weights or Machine Weights?
Free weights generally challenge an overall muscle group more intensely. They assist in the development of core trunk strength, st...
Do anabolic steroids affect the male reproductive system?
As anabolic steroids are so strongly associated with male traits such as strength and muscles it seems tragic that the side effect...
Anemic person healthy diet
The craving to nibble on or chew any substance that may not be defined strictly as food is commonly known as pica. There are types...
The Advantra-Z program is rated 3/5 Advantra-Z Review:BackgroundWhen Ephedra was banned due to its medical issues, Advantra-Z clai...
Cause of encopresis – chronic constipation
There are many people who are unaware of what is encopresis though the condition could affect anyone and be very embarrassing. Enc...
Diet for Liquid
A liquid diet is a special type of diet in which foods liquid at room temperature are eaten. Some foods which are considered to be...
About goitre need to knowing
This disease affects the thyroid gland, which happens to grow in size due to lack or excess of some key ingredients. The thyroid g...