There are many different exercises that target this area. The abdominal region is
composed of the upper and lower abs, as well as the obliques. You should train each of
these areas with different exercises. The following are exercises that help develop and
strengthen the lower abdominal region. Perform each repetition slowly; speed is not the
key here. Each rep should take about 3 seconds to complete. To start out, complete 2
sets of 15 repetitions. After 2-3 weeks, increase the reps to 20 repetitions. Try to add
variety to your ab workout; this will help in their development. Your ab workout should
be performed every other day.
1. Lie on the ground with your knees bent at 90 degree level
2. Interlock your fingers behind your head, take deep breath
3. Now slowly curl your torso towards your knees, contracting your abs intensely.
Exhale as you do it.
4. Come back to the starting position with a smooth motion. Inhale air again.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
1. Lie on the floor and bend your knees with the balls of your feet and heels placed
flat on the ground.
2. Place your hands on opposing shoulders, so that your arms are crossed over your
chest, or behind your head.
3. Tighten you abdominal muscles gently by drawing in your belly button to your
4. Keeping your heels on the ground and your toes flat to the ground, slowly lift you
head first, followed by your shoulder blades. Pull up from the floor until you are
at a ninety-degree angle, or when your elbows reach your knees.
5. Hold the position for a second and then slowly lower yourself back down. Try to
keep slightly elevated off the ground.
6. Perform 3 sets of 15 reps.
Bent Leg Vertical Pelvic Thrusts
1. Lie flat on the floor and lift your legs and bend your knees so that your upper legs
are perpendicular and your lower legs are parallel to the ground.
2. Slowly thrust your pelvis towards the ceiling, lifting your rear and tailbone off the
ground about 2-3 inches. Pause at the top position.
3. Slowly lower to your starting position and repeat.
4. Perform this exercise for 3 sets of 15 reps.
Roman Chair Sit-up
1. Using a vertical bench, support your arms on the arm pads and put your back up
against the back pad. Your legs should now be hanging in the air.
2. Bend your knees and lift as high as possible, almost to your chest.
3. Slowly lower your legs to the starting position.
4. Perform 3 sets of 15 reps.
Hanging Straight Leg Raises
1. Starting position is hanging from a pull-up bar.
2. Lift your legs out and up in front of you as high as possible, keeping the
movement slow and steady. Try not to use momentum or sway.
3. Slowly lower back down to starting position.
4. Perform 3 sets of 15 reps.
1. Lie on the ground with your knees bent at a 90 degree level
2. Interlock your fingers behind your head, take a deep breath
3. Slowly curl your torso up. Midway twist it towards the right, back to starting
position and then towards the left.
4. Perform 3 sets of 15 reps.
Calf Raises on Leg Press – Muscles Worked & BenefitsExercise Type: Single-jointPrimary Muscles Worked: Calves Performing the calf raise on a Leg Press Machine totally isolates the calves, giving you the most intense variation of the exercise. The great thing about this exercise is that you can’t cheat. The machine stabilises the rest of your [...]
Myogenix After Shock is a protein powder designed to be used in as tactical post-workout. As a post-workout, Myogenix After Shock aims to help fuel recovery and muscle growth for the long-term rather than boosting performance in the meantime. As we examined this product, we found that it contains several staple goodies along with a [...]
If you are on a weight loss diet plan or are looking for one, you probably have heard of the “low carb diet plan” for weight loss. If you have consulted a dietician or fitness expert, you would have probably been give a list with all the foods that are high in carbohydrates (more commonly [...]
We already know that we should be drinking up to two litres of water a day. As well as the health benefits, water can be a dieter’s best friend. It can help us to feel fuller so we don’t reach for the snack waiting for us in the fridge, and it’s calorie-free. That means we’re [...]
But can there be good health without a high level of fitness? Or fitness without health? Does one cause the other? All of these issues are still open to debate, yet it appears that, to an extent, one can be fit without necessarily being healthy. For example, fitness is generally measured in the lab as [...]
- Mike Russow
- Antonio Carvalho
- Pippa Middleton Workout
- Gray Maynard
- health and fitness club
- Sam Stout
- phil heath mr olympia 2010
- Cindy Crawford Workout
- Javier Vazquez
- Royce Gracie
- John Maguire
- Ivan Menjivar
- phil heath chest workout
- ronnie coleman workout routine
- bodybuilding female
- Khloe Kardashian Diet
- Will Smith Diet
- Brendan Schaub
- Bernardo Maalhaes
- Jeremy Stephens
- Dennis Hallman
- workout routine
- Mike Stumpf
- Rob Lowe Workout
- Mark Scanlon
- health club gym
- Wanderlei Silva
- jay cutler mr olympia
- Pascal krauss
- fitness sports
- Jorge Rivera
- Josh Ferguson
- jay cutler bodybuilder wife
How Many Calories Do I Need To Intake to Lose Weight?
How many calories do I need to lose weight? If you have ever asked yourself the how many calories do I need to lose weight questio...
Beginner Training Program:Q&A With Brad Borland
A Beginner Training ProgramQ&A with Bodybuilder Brad BorlandI want to lift weights but have never been in the gym? Can you rec...
Should I workout the same muscle groups every day?
There's not a absolute answer to that question because it depends on how hard you are working the muscles, what exercises you are ...
What are the pros and cons of weight training?
As to any exercise there are the pros and the cons, the advantage and disadvantages. When it comes to weight training the first di...
What are the best exercices for building bicep muscles?
Two good ways to get good biceps pull ups, and "21's" by 21's I mean do your curls by doing 7 half way up, 7 the rest of the way u...
Pinched nerves treatments
Triglycerides in the body are not a bad thing unless their levels are high. Triglycerides are the body’s way of converting food ...
Bench Press Builder
Workout DescriptionIt's time to build up your paltry bench press. This intense 8 week bench press program is a specialization rout...
Principals for Workout Success
However you decide to fit activity into your daily or weekly routine, you can employ some basic strategies to help you exercise sa...
Is It Working And Why Are We Trying To Enhance GH
TOPIC: Why Are We Trying To Enhance GH, And... Is It Working?The Question:Being exposed to the bodybuilding community and all of t...
Vitamin C Power
Your body uses large amounts of vitamin C to combat infections, colds, and disease. Vitamin C is also used by your body in all kin...