The crunch on an exercise ball




Benefits Of The Crunch On An Exercise Ball – Abs Exercise and Core Exercise

 

Helps to stabilize and support our back

Abdominal muscles are worked throughout the entire range of this workout
Improves our physical appearance

Pros

 

This workout is easy to learn and do, and is an excellent addition to any fitness routine
Equipment is inexpensive
Equipment doesn’t take up a lot of space
Works primarily your abdominal muscles

 

Cons

 

Need to purchase equipment
Takes a little practice to keep the ball stable

Tips

 

These tips have helped me make this workout easier and perhaps more effective:

 

It helps me to stabilize the ball by placing my toes against a wall or piece of furniture. This prevents my feet from sliding.
Readjust your position on the ball if you feel muscular discomfort on either side of your body.
Make sure your lower back is firmly on the ball to prevent lower back strain.
Keep the ball less than fully inflated to help prevent it from rolling.
Practice a few times lying on the ball and keeping it stable before doing this workout

How To Do The Crunch On An Exercise Ball

 

I really like this workout. Your abdominal muscles are worked during the entire range of this workout. Your abdominal muscles stay tight while laying flat by supporting your upper torso, and while rotating up to a 45 degree angle.
I like to support my toes against a wall or piece of furniture to help me keep my feet from sliding.

 

Lie flat face up supporting your lower back on the ball to prevent lower back strain
Place your hands behind your head
Contract your abdominal muscles to rotate your torso off the ball and elevating your upper torso about 45 degrees
As you rotate up, keep the ball stable
Lower back down to the flat position stretching your abs
Repeat for about 15 or more repetitions
I usually do 25 reps at a time, 4 times a day. If you have not done abdominal workouts in a long time, slowly work up to this level.

Popular Posts

Older Adults Strength Training

Older Adults Strength Training

 Benefits of Strength TrainingIncreased Balance and with Less Falls In older individuals, deteriorating balance and flexibility causes falls and broken bones. Strengthening exercises improve a person’s flexibility and balance. A New Zealand study among women 80 years of age and older showed falls reduced 40% with simple strength and balance training.Stronger Bones Post-menopausal women can [...]

For Athletes Antioxidants

For Athletes Antioxidants

Aerobic Metabolism Aerobic metabolism, in particular, can create a large amount of free radicals, especially in endurance athletes. In these athletes, the body’s natural defenses against these harmful substances are also “up regulated,” but still may not be able to counter their negative effects. With this said, some recent research has investigated whether dietary antioxidants [...]

Supplements To Grow On

Supplements To Grow On

As the “Big Man on Campus” of supplements whey is a staple of any supplement program. Easily digested, portable and effective, whey is a must for anyone seeking gains in lean muscle mass. It will serve as a foundation to this supplement program. Protein powders in general are great for when you have no time [...]

A Healthy Recipe For Firehouse Chili

A Healthy Recipe For Firehouse Chili

DirectionsIn a pan, cook the buffalo, green pepper, onions, garlic for 5-6 minutes, or until just before meat is completely browned.Transfer everything in a big casserole dish.Add chili powder, turmeric, oregano, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.Bring to a boil.Reduce heat and stir for 20 minutes until chili reaches wanted thickness.Nutrition FactsServing Size (1 cup)Amount [...]

Common Questions About Creatine

Common Questions About Creatine

 1.What Is Creatine? Creatine is derived from the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine. Skeletal muscle contains 95% of all creatine. The heart, brain, and testes hold the remaining 5%.2. How Does Creatine Work? According to David Sandler, the Senior Director of Education for the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), “Creatine allows you to [...]

Recently Searched

Q&A

Popular Article

Leave a Comment


Refresh