- Bananas – Mother Nature’s perfect snack. No preparation, no washing or refrigeration. They are prepackaged in a biodegradable wrapper for perfect enjoyment.
Since they are easily digestible, they are often served as babies’ first food. Women suffering from PMS can get a healthy serotonin rush by consuming a banana. Bananas help build a shield against heart disease.
They are packed with potassium that helps fend off high blood pressure. In short, the goodness of bananas battles cancer, heart diseases, high blood pressure, kidney stones, premenstrual syndrome and strokes.
- Barley – Barley with all its magic ingredients is good for heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Beta-glucan fiber lowers cholesterol, while tocotrienol deactivates an enzyme that tells the liver how to produce artery clogging cholesterol. Barley is a quick fix for constipation. Just 1 cup of cooked barley can provides approx 14 gms of fiber to get the bowels moving.
- Basil – Originally a cooking herb, Basil has found many uses as a medicinal herb too. Basil weakens the ulcer producing activity of aspirin and alcohol, fight inflammation and swelling and battle infection causing bacteria. It also prevents colon cancer and helps build strong bones. Basil helps reduce bloating and flatulence. If you overindulged with alcohol, drink tea by steeping 2 tbsp of chopped fresh or dried basil leaves mixed in 1 cup of just boiling water for about 15 minutes. Strain and sip and feel the difference.
- Beans – These luscious legumes are loaded with fiber and other nutrients to keep body running in top shape. Beans fights cancer and cholesterol. B vitamin folate reduces blood levels of amino acid involved in heart disease. People having type 2 diabetes benefit from the soluble fiber present in the beans. It slows down the passage of carbohydrates from foods into the bloodstream. Beans fight the battle of bulge as they control your appetite by taking up lots of room in your tummy. If you keep forgetting things, people, etc, boost your brainpower by eating a serving of beans few times are week.
- Beef – Are you surprised to know that beef can help to fight common health problems? Loaded with disease fighting nutrients, beef if you buy lean gives no complaints. Lean beef lowers level of bad density lipoprotein and improves levels of high density lipoprotein cholesterol. Beef supplies vitamins and minerals that maybe in short supply in a diet. Selenium in beef is a powerful antioxidant that lowers the risk of skin cancer, fights heart disease and wards off infections.
- Beet – Heart shaped veggies, 1 cup of fresh beets gives 1/3 of daily folate requirement. In short vitamin B that keeps homocysteine in control so that it does not trigger a heart attack. Beta – cyanin, a phytochemical that gives deep red colour is a cancer fighter. Beet juice curbs normal healthy cells from changing into cancer cells. Beets are good source of fiber for good bowel function. Beet battles cancer, diabetic and heart disease.
- Bell Peppers – Ring in health benefits with bell peppers. A red bell pepper packs in twice as much vitamin C than an orange. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant eating up free radicals that cause cell damage leading to heart disease and cancer. Vitamin C also bolsters your immune system helping to lessen the severity and duration of a cold. Lutein and zeaxanthin – two plant compounds in red bell peppers prevent age related macular degeneration (ARMD) that is responsible for sharp vision. ARMD is common cause of irreversible blindness in people. Ophthalmologists recommend intake of these compounds from foods rather than medicine or supplements.
You wrote an article in Muscular Development about the After Party after the 2003 Olympia? It contained some interesting things that Craig Titus said was bull. Was this really accurate or some hype to make it sound better?What I wrote was exactly what I saw and heard. You have to understand, I was looking for [...]
Suicide is one of the leading causes of deaths in teens and older children; preventing it has become a challenge. It is estimated that every year, in the United States of America alone, about 1800 teenagers commit suicide. This is a shocking figure because cancer and other diseases claim only 500-1000 lives in the United [...]
Workout Description Working legs at home can be challenging. With all the cries flying around lifting forums telling lifters to barbell squat, you may feel like it’s impossible to get a good quad and hamstring workout at home. Fear not. This home based workout utilizes only dumbbells. It can be performed in about an hour. [...]
Winter funk is a term used to describe a seasonal affective disorder (SAD) that usually occurs at the same time each year, especially during winters. People who suffer from winter funk need to take the necessary steps to keep their motivation and moods steady at this particular time of the year. Most people start experiencing [...]
The time has come for me to lay out in profane simplicity the importance of the body’s key hormones and their role in energy, fat storage, muscle building and disease. Plowing over stacks of research, rummaging through my muscle building memory and compiling engaging information to help you (and me) respect and understand the intricate [...]
Should I use Creatine before or after my workout?
People who love bodybuilding and spend lot of time in it are always very concerned about their intakes as their diet plays a vital...
Improving grip strength by using a hand towel
You can roll it into a cylinder that you can't quite reach all the way around, then just squeeze it 12-15 times, rest and repeat 3...
How Much Water Should I Drink Per Day?
The general recommendation is 8×8 oz cups of water daily. Some say you need more. But some say drinking too much will get you wat...
How do you use anabolic steroids?
Anabolic steroids can be taken orally, by injection or in creams or gels. Dosages prescribed by doctors will depend on the medical...
Can caffeine have an effect on my weight loss?
Yes, it can do. Some people lose additional pounds after stopping coffee or caffeine. Studies have shown that caffeine (as in coff...
16 Weeks Increase Arm Size
Bigger arms is the goal for many when they engage in weight training programs and the triceps muscle is the key to increasing the ...
The true measure of real fitness- Abs
I don't know anyone who doesn't look at a great set of six-pack abs with amazement and a little jealousy in their eyes. It's such ...
Comments OffTalks Natural Bodybuilder Nigel St Lewis
cheap antivirus software downloadp>What is your athletic background, and how did you get involved with bodybuilding?For as long as...
Burning Fat & Building Muscle
A ripped, muscular physique is the goal of most, if not all bodybuilders and fitness buffs alike. As summer approaches we all star...
Pregnancy in multiple sclerosis
There appears to be no direct link between multiple sclerosis and pregnancy. In women affected by multiple sclerosis, pregnancy do...