Cellulitis: natural cure




Cellulitis Remedies

Cellulitis is a skin infection that is caused by a type of bacteria. This infection not only affects the surface of your skin but also the tissues that are underneath the skin. The infection happens when the bacteria attack broken skin or an open wound, thereby resulting in inflammation and infection.
Causes of Cellulitis Skin Infection

Before proceeding with the treatment for cellulitis, it is always better to know the cause of the problem. Cellulitis disease may be caused by:

Injuries that cut open your skin and the tissues underneath.
Infections resulting because of a surgical procedure.
Any foreign object in your skin.
Infection of the bone underneath your skin because of a fracture or any such injury.

There are some people who are more prone to cellulitis skin infections. These include:

People who suffer from diabetes as the healing tendency of their bodies are low.
People suffering from blood circulation problems.
Those suffering from varicose veins and other related problems.
People with skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema, and so on.

Treatment for Cellulitis

Generally a course of antibiotics would take care of this skin infection. However, there are some natural cures for cellulitis that will help you nip the problem in the bud without having to resort to medication.

Make sure you include a lot of vitamin E, vitamin A, zinc, and iron rich food in your daily diet. These essentials have healing properties and will enhance the recovery process.

Add one to two teaspoon of dried calendula flowers to one cup of boiling water. Allow them to stand in the water seven minutes. Drain the liquid and apply it on the affected area by dabbing it with a clean cotton cloth. Calendula has antiseptic properties and this will cure the infection quicker.

Garlic is known to have antibacterial properties. Chewing two to three cloves each day will bring down the infection level and cure the wound at a faster pace.

Goldenseal also helps tackle inflammation effectively. You could either eat it or also add the powered form to water to prepare a paste, and apply it externally to the infected area. Leave it overnight to bring down the inflammation.

Echinacea is another herb that helps enhance the immune response. This herb helps your body fight back the infection and can also help you prevent cellulitis if taken on a regular basis.

However, keep in mind that these natural treatments for cellulitis are for those cases where the infection is mild. For severe cases, it is always better to consult a doctor instead of self-medication to prevent it from becoming worse.

Popular Posts

Cure of white skin spots

Cure of white skin spots

The appearance of white patches on the skin is a condition known as vitiligo in which the cells that produce the pigment, melanin, are destroyed. This results in areas of discolored skin. White patches may also develop in the tissue linings of the nose, mouth and retina of the eyes. The hair growing in the [...]

Week 29 Update Transforming Jeanice Cabale

Week 29 Update Transforming Jeanice Cabale

professional college essay writers p>It is the last week of my bulk and I am enjoying every second of it. I have not overdone it but am enjoying the extra calories as well as goodies. It is now GAME TIME. 14 weeks out from the Bev Francis Atlantic States. There are a lot of mixed [...]

Jared Hamman

TRAINING: Wrestling in the morning. Thai pad/ boxing mitt training in the afternoon. Strength and conditioning in the evening. When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in November of 2005. Ihad played collegiate football and began coaching, but being a very active person, I needed something to keep the warrior [...]

Hunger All Day Nutrition Bars And Satiety Avoid

Hunger All Day Nutrition Bars And Satiety Avoid

What is Satiety? There are two types of satiety – physiological satiety and psychological satiety. Physiological satiety has to do with feelings of hunger and fullness. Is your body telling you it is time to eat? What, when and how much you eat affects your physiological level of satiety. When your stomach and intestine are [...]

Your Expert Guide To The Protein With Staying Power

Your Expert Guide To The Protein With Staying Power

Case Study: Casein Protein Casein protein, like whey, comes from cow’s milk. It accounts for roughly 80% of milk’s total protein content, with whey constituting the other 20%. Casein is insoluble, which means it’s the solid protein in milk. You might hear casein referred to as calcium caseinate, which is a nod to the calcium [...]

Recently Searched

Q&A

Popular Article

No Comments

    Leave a Comment


    Refresh